Pages

Monday 13 October 2008

October 13, 2008

I keep thinking about how our – mine and your mother's – lives will change once you are born. It's going to be a big change. But that's okay. My life has already changed many times, and I know this change is going to bring so much happiness to both your mother and me. You are going to fill our lives with joy. And in turn I will try to ensure that your life is filled with joy too.

I often daydreamed before about passing on the things I've learned about cycling to someone. Now that you are coming I have someone to share that knowledge with. Or maybe you won't take to cycling like I have and will instead want to do something else. That's fine. If it's something I know – like hockey or soccer – I can still teach you a lot. And if it's something I don't know, I will make sure you have the resources to learn as much as you can so you be the best that you can be.

I hope you'll take to cycling though. It's a great sport. If you do, we can go riding together; there are many places I'd like to take you and show you. And maybe we can get your mother to come along too!

No comments:

Post a Comment