Pages

Thursday 18 February 2010

Falling and Letting Down

I just wasn't fast enough.

My boy and I were sitting on the couch after dinner. He went to grab something from the end table and then started to slide back. I reached to grab him but couldn't catch him in time. He fell backwards onto the floor.

I picked him up as soon as he hit the floor. He cried on my shoulder for a while. I think he's alright now. He's probably already forgotten it.

The problem is that I once told him that I would keep him safe, I told him that I wouldn't let anything happen to him. I told him that as long as I was there, he didn't have to be scared. And then he falls when I'm right there beside him.

I'll have to be faster. I'll have to be more careful. I want to be a man of my word, and I feel like I have let him down. I'll try to be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment