Pages

Wednesday 26 November 2008

November 26, 2008

The other day Mommy and I bought a couple pens for the sole purpose of writing in this book. We did that just for you. Don’t forget that Mommy and I love you.

You’re getting bigger and bigger; you’re growing up. According to what we’ve read, your ears are fully developed now and you can hear what we are saying. So Mommy and I try to talk you every day.

Mommy has been reading a lot of books about prenatal communication and teaching. (I haven’t been able to as we can’t find any book about that in English.) She has been reading stories about children who -- because of prenatal communication -- have become really intelligent and gone to university at a very young age.

Just to let you know, we don’t necessarily want you to be like that. We just want you to be smart and a nice person. We want you to enjoy your childhood because being a child should be fun. Playing is very important, whether you are big or small, and I plan on playing with you.

I am your father. I am also my father’s son, just as you are my son. I want to tell you a little story. Growing up, sometimes there were days when I didn’t have to go to school, but my father had to go to work. When I was a kid, I always tried to wake up early on those days even though I didn’t have to. Why? Because I wanted to see my father before he left for work. I didn’t necessarily have to say anything to him, I just wanted to see him. If I didn’t see him (like maybe if I slept too late), I felt unhappy for the rest of the day. I hope I can be a good enough father to you that you will want to do the same thing when I leave for work. I know I will want to see you before I leave home.

No comments:

Post a Comment